Painting and Coating

General Information

Date Added Resource Source
Nov 2011

NIOSH FACE: Tub Refinisher Died Due to Methylene Chloride Overexposure While Stripping a Bathtub

In the winter of 2010, a 52-year-old male tub re-glazer died due to overexposure to methylene chloride (MC) vapor while stripping a bathtub in an apartment bathroom using Tal-Strip® II Aircraft Coating Remover (Tal-Strip® II).

Feb 2008

Boston Public Health Commission Safe Shops Project

Safe Shops promotes environmental leadership among Boston’s auto body and repair shops and provides training, education, and other resources to help shops improve their safety and environmental practices.

Oct 2004

Occupational Safety and Health Issues for Painters

Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety provides answers to questions related to occupational health and safety topics for painters.

Jul 2003

Household Products Database

What's under your kitchen sink, in your garage, in your bathroom, and on the shelves in your laundry room? Do these household products pose a potential health risk to you and your family?